Re: Newbie questions, diff between functions and

From: "Raymond O'Donnell" <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Newbie questions, diff between functions and
Date: 2006-11-28 18:52:50
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 28 Nov 2006 at 10:29, novnov wrote:

> I've not actually reinstalled pgsql (8.1). What I did is to review the
> screenshots I took of my installation process, and there wasn't any
> step (at least that I captured) for contrib modules. Also, in the

I've had to do that at times, and have never had a problem..... I
would back up my data all the same, to be on the safe side - see
pg_dumpall in the docs.

I've just downloaded RC1 of pgsql 8.2, and the steps in the installer
were as follows:

(i) Select language
(ii) Pre-release warning
(iii) Display of installation notes
(iv) Select components to be installed
(v) Windows service configuration
(vi) Cluster initialization
(vii) Procedural languages to be included by default (i.e. in
template1)
(viii) Contrib modules to be included by default (i.e. in template1).
(ix) Ready to install.

You must have missed step (viii) on your previous installation - the
"Cube" module is the one that you seem to have included.

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell
Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Galway, Ireland
rod(at)iol(dot)ie