fatal error on 8.1 server

From: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: fatal error on 8.1 server
Date: 2006-11-27 19:26:57
Lists: pgsql-general

I don't know what the exact version is but I am getting this:

FATAL: database is not accepting commands to avoid wraparound data loss
in database "postgres"

How can I recover from this and why woud this happen to the postgres
database? Has my server been hacked? there should be no inserts or
anything going on.

Thanks,

--
Tony Caduto