Re: Can not build pgadmin3-1.6.0

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Bryan Wilkerson <bryanwilkerson(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can not build pgadmin3-1.6.0
Date: 2006-11-25 10:48:32
Lists: pgadmin-support

Bryan Wilkerson wrote:

> I feel the hints at self service, but piecing this together from
> anecdotal evidence is never going to be as efficient as a configure
> script that does it's job and detects dependency failures.

Well it does detect if libxml2 is missing, or too old, but I'm still not
sure what is wrong with the version shipped with Suse. I can only assume
it's a non-standard version, but I don't know how we can test for that.
Are there any obvious differences between the Suse and non-Suse versions
that you can see (assuming you have both around still)?

> I had been saying to myself through the various obstacles, "I hope
> this is worth it." Now seeing it running and working with my database
> a little, I see that it is well worth it and some. I can give you a
> patch to configure if you'll use it that detects the two issues and
> the lack of the libpq.so library and, perhaps more important, tells
> the user what exactly they need to do, which versions are known to work etc.

I guess you mean OGL & STC, rather than libpq. But yes, we're happy to
accept patches to improve configure and appreciate any contributions you
might make.

Regards, Dave