Re: Tsearch + polish ispell + polish locale

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: arkadiusz(dot)staron(at)dreamlab(dot)pl
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tsearch + polish ispell + polish locale
Date: 2006-11-22 16:11:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> Does lower()/upper() functions works well in postgres?
>
> Until regis error it works fine... then it gets broken.
> As the matter of fact I wasn't able to determine who breaks it, is it postgres or tsearch ...
>
> Any idea how can I check it ?

It seems to me, it's a memory corruption somewhere.

try to compile postgres(and tsearch2 too) with
CFLAGS=-O0 ./configure --enable-cassert --enable-debug
and repeats the tests

If you are using recent versions of Linux libc (later than 5.4.23) and GNU
libc (2.x) then it will be useful to set MALLOC_CHECK_ enviroment variable to 2
before starting postgres (man 3 malloc).

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/