Re: build a SDB cache for Spatial Database based on postgis

From: David Fuhry <dfuhry(at)cs(dot)kent(dot)edu>
To: zhang Jackie <jackieict(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: build a SDB cache for Spatial Database based on postgis
Date: 2006-11-22 05:25:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Zhang,

You'll have better luck posting this question on the postgis-users
mailing list; this list is for development of the core PostgreSQL
database. The subscription page for postgis-users is here:

Briefly though, at least Oracle, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2, and Informix
can be configured to store, manipulate, and index geometry types in the
database. These are the key features of a spatial database. Support
for these capabilities in MySQL seems to be under development. ArcSDE
is middleware which is sometimes used to store spatial data in a
non-spatial database.

-Dave Fuhry