Re: SPI

From: Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SPI
Date: 2006-11-17 23:16:20
Lists: pgsql-general

> Hi all,
>
> I have some doubts about SPI (Server Programming Interface). In
> fact, I must create Stored Procedures in Postgres (8.0). The problem is:
> all stored procedures and, may be, some triggers must be compiled 'cause
> the clients can't access the source code of them.
> To solve this problem, the solution that I was found is create the
> procedures (functions) in C with SPI to access the database.
> Now, the functions are writed in plgpsql. There are another ways to
> compile the code? If not, someone there are samples how can I use C with
> SPI?

No, I'm not aware about any other way to obfuscate the source code. If
you are looking for some basic examples of procedures / functions
written in C, see this

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/xfunc-c.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/trigger-interface.html

But sure - that's just the basics.