Re: Results from testing 1.6.1 rev: 5646:5652M

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Results from testing 1.6.1 rev: 5646:5652M
Date: 2006-11-17 21:34:57
Lists: pgadmin-support

Erwin Brandstetter wrote:

> - Find and Replace
> Replacing now works as expected, I think you have nailed the endless
> loop for good.
> However, there seem to be issues with "Regular expressions"-search.

Unfortunately that boils down to a wxWidgets bug which I've logged with
them. I have a possible idea for a workaround, but it's gonna take some
investigation.

> This function will be displayed under "Procedures" as "f_test(integer,
> text)" in the object tree. Should be "f_test(integer)"
> Deleting it from the object tree will fail with the accordingly
> incorrect error message:
> An error has occured
> Fehler: Funktion f_test(integer, text) existiert nicht.
> Meaning: Error: Function f_test(integer, text) does not exist.
>
> Trying to change properties per dialogue with fail as well.
> Interestingly, changing the Comment on the function works alright
> (expected this to fail as well.)
> I think this issue has been present in previous releases, but I did not
> bother to test.

Fixed now - thanks.

> BTW: what exactly makes a procedure a procedure and not a function?
> OUT-parameters, right?

Yes - and we don't recommend use of return values from a procedure.

> I wouldn't mind, if functions and procedures were merged in the object
> tree.

We keep them seperate as they help give users of certain other DBMS's
(who may not be familar with functions as we know them) a warm and fuzzy
feeling :-)

Regards, Dave.