Re: Why the data changes it's value by itself!

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Ardian Xharra <axharra(at)boxxo(dot)info>
Cc: postgreSQL postgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why the data changes it's value by itself!
Date: 2006-11-16 18:47:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Ardian Xharra wrote:
> No, sorry about the name of the table it's the same table.
> Yes, the change is in live database during a select

OK, so it's definitely a data change. Can you get the numeric value of
the character in question, and compare it to the original value
SELECT ascii(substring(my_column,5,1)) WHERE ...;
SELECT ascii('6');
You might want an index other than 5 of course.

What I'm wondering is whether this is a single-bit error that has
occurred. If it is, I'd suspect hardware problems.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd