Re: On what we want to support: travel?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: On what we want to support: travel?
Date: 2006-10-31 02:31:15
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

> Number three is important but probably unlikely outside of a bounty/summer of
> code thing, due to the heavy costs and legalities involved in employing someone
> full time. Number four is usually handled by people's employers, and should be

Actually this isn't really as much of an issue as people think.

If the person is outside the US (except for CA), the person is
automatically a contractor and thus employment issues are moot.

If the person is in the US/CA we can pay them, quite healthy sums of
money as long as they are already gainfully employed. It will just be
their responsibility to file the income with the IRS.

If the person is in the US/CA and they have a company, we could
negotiate a rate with the company.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/