Anyone using a SAN?

From: "Peter Koczan" <pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Anyone using a SAN?
Date: 2008-02-13 16:56:54
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi all,

We're considering setting up a SAN where I work. Is there anyone using
a SAN, for postgres or other purposes? If so I have a few questions
for you.

- Are there any vendors to avoid or ones that are particularly good?

- What performance or reliability implications exist when using SANs?

- Are there any killer features with SANs compared to local storage?

Any other comments are certainly welcome.

Peter

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Greg SmithDate: 2008-02-13 17:38:28