Re: DBI-Link, Oracle, database encoding

From: Hannes Dorbath <light(at)theendofthetunnel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, all(at)adv(dot)magwien(dot)gv(dot)at
Subject: Re: DBI-Link, Oracle, database encoding
Date: 2006-10-26 11:41:13
Lists: pgsql-general

I have it working fine now. Seems PG indeed did not have access to the
env vars, because of the init script I was using.

export NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.AL32UTF8
export NLS_NCHAR=AL32UTF8
pg_ctl restart

fixed it for me.

> If you are using DBI-Link, please sign up for its mailing list on
> pgfoundry.

I will, though it works fine for me now I have some more questions :)

> DBI-Link 2.0beta1 provides some infrastructure for setting environment
> variables. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Did I miss it in the Readme or is it not documented?

Anyway, thanks for creating this piece of software. It saved me days of
work and some ugly hacks.

--
Regards,
Hannes Dorbath