Re: CVS repository rsync

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CVS repository rsync
Date: 2006-10-19 18:12:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I've set up my laptop to sync down the full cvs repository using rsync
> (remember - windows = no cvsup). This works well, except every now and
> then (not every time, but definitly often enough to bother me) it
> resyncs the entire repository, and not just the files that have had
> commits to them.
>
> Anybody have a clue as to why this is happening, and what I can do about
> it?
>
> //Magnus

> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

This, perhaps?:

--modify-window
When comparing two timestamps rsync treats the timestamps as
being equal if they are within the value of modify_window. This
is normally zero, but you may find it useful to set this to a
larger value in some situations. In particular, when transfer-
ring to Windows FAT filesystems which cannot represent times
with a 1 second resolution --modify-window=1 is useful.

(from rsync man page)

Cheers,
Steve