pgAdmin3 1.6b2: "Database bar" in SQL dialogue window shows weird behaviour

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAdmin3 1.6b2: "Database bar" in SQL dialogue window shows weird behaviour
Date: 2006-10-07 16:36:43
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi developers!

I am testing pgAdmin III Beta 2 (Oct 3 2006, re: 5426:5427) on Windows
XP (latest patch level).
RDBMS is PG 8.1.4 on a remote debian sarge server. (PG from backports.org).
Connected via SSH-tunnel with port forwarding.

In the SQL dialogue window, the "Database bar" shows weird behavior:
- When I use the mouse wheel while the "Database bar" is highlighted
the "<new connection>" dialogue opens. If i turn the wheel further
pgAdmin tries to open a new connection to localhost on port 5432
immediately, which I do not use. My standard connection ist local port
65432 (being forwarded to port 5432 on remote server).

- When I select "<new connection>" I can only chose among listed
database names. But the actual databases at the selected Server are not
liested. So the dialogue is basically useless for me.

- When I chose a new server in the dialogue, pgAdmin tries to connect
right away, with no database chosen (I did not click ok), which results
in an error message, of course.

I hope the report is of any use.
I've also noticed a large number of improvements. But I guess I am only
expected to report what's _not_ working. ;)
pgAdmin is my favourite admin tool and I appreciate your efforts a lot!

Regards
Erwin Brandstetter