Re: Patches and a .po file

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patches and a .po file
Date: 2006-09-27 08:43:43
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page a ecrit le 27/09/2006 09:55:
>> I also attached one patch.
>> - frmEditGrid : it allows translators to translate the "no limit/1000
>> rows/500 rows/100 rows" combo of the edit grid window but I
>> don't think
>> I updated the pot file...
>
> Hmm, OK thought I'd done that but obviously not.
>
>> - frmReport : the object type is now translated on the report and I
>> added a dash before the report's type because it was not
>> translatable in
>> french as is, but it is now... and it is still good english
>> (at least, I
>> hope so).
>
> It doesn't look great actually. I think the correct fix is something
> more like:
>
> title.Printf(_("%s DDL Report - "), object->GetTypeName());
> title += object->GetIdentifier();
> report->SetReportTitle(title);

Oh, great. I don't know why I didn't think about this kind of fix.

> Then you can translate
>
> _("%s DDL Report - ")

> _("DDL Report %s - ")
>
> Or whatever is actually right in French. Can you update you patch if you
> agree please?

I completely and I'll update my patch tonight.

> BTW, I *haven't* committed your translation update yet in case it
> contains strings you're about to remove.

Yes, I'll update the pot file and update my po file too... so, don't
commit this one.

>> BTW, did someone test pgAdmin on Linux ? because I have really lots of
>> crashes in the query tool that makes this tool totaly
>> unusable. I really
>> think this is my fault because the windows official build
>> works great...
>> and my linux build doesn't. I certainely have done something
>> wrong but I
>> don't know what. I compiled wxWidget 2.7 and pgAdmin latest svn... I
>> still have many problems. So, did someone test the query tool
>> on linux ?
>
> I have briefly, and I'd be surpised if others haven't as well. What are
> the exact issues you are seeing?

When I'm on the query tool, it crashes at random in less than 30s. It
can crash when I write a query. It can crash when I go in the View menu.
It crashes on so many places that I really think this is my fault...
badly compiled wxwidget ? I also can't resize panels.

Doing some checks on the windows release, I found something weird. My
current setting for user's language is french. I go in the View menu,
choose Default view... and all panels' titles are now in english. If I
hide a panel or if I hide and show the complete window, all panels'
titles change to french. Weird, isn't it ? :)

Regards.

--
Guillaume.