Re: PostgreSQL 8.2beta1 w/ VALUES

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.2beta1 w/ VALUES
Date: 2006-09-24 03:32:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Anyhow, don't know if there's really a good solution but it'd be nice
> to only get one warning, or one of a given type, or something, and to

Except that one warning would not be accurate, because the warning is
per tuple. How is postgresql going to know that the warning applies to
the same set of data but just a different tuple?

> respond to cancel requests (if there was an issue there). Sorry this
> is more from a user's perspective, I havn't got time atm to go digging
> through the code. I'd be curious about implementing a possible
> error-aggregation system for reporting on large sets like this but
> that might be overkill anyway.

You could dial down client_min_messages, set it to ERROR, then you won't
see warnings ;)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake