Re: Vacuum error on database postgres

From: "Paul B(dot) Anderson" <paul(dot)a(at)pnlassociates(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vacuum error on database postgres
Date: 2006-09-19 15:41:39
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers

Here are a couple of new data points on this issue.

Deleting all records in pg_statistic and then reindexing clears the
problem but I've had the problem in two of my own databases in two
separate postgresql instances as well as the postgres database in both
instances.

I have a cluster of machines and the databases are on shared disk
storage. I'm just getting this arrangement working and, while I've been
debugging my scripts, I've accidentally had two copies of postgresql
running against the same initdb directories at the same time on two
different machines. Needless to say, this causes problems and I'm
thinking that vacuuming in this condition may be at or near the root of
the problem.

Paul