Re: pgsql on Solaris 10

From: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: vodhner(at)cox(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql on Solaris 10
Date: 2006-09-18 14:04:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

vodhner(at)cox(dot)net napsal(a):
> Compiling PostgreSQL 8.1.4 under Solaris 10, I ran into a problem documented back on 2006-05-30. Apparently in order to compile successfully, one has to remove an unreferenced function pqsignalinquire() in src/interfaces/libpq/pqsignal.c.
>
> Since I stepped into this hole, is there anything I can do to help ensure that nobody else has to get lost on Google for several hours tracking down the same problem? I have been a Free Software user for some time but am not familiar with ways of feeding back into the process.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Victor Odhner
>
> -----
>
> Details of the problem:
>
> Removing the function eliminated the following error when linking "initdb":
>
> Undefined symbol -- first referenced in file
>
> sigmask -- ../../../src/interfaces/libpq/libpq.so
>
> sigblock -- ../../../src/interfaces/libpq/libpq.so
>
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to initdb

The postgresql 8.1.4 is standard part of solaris 10 update 2. You can
download prepared packages from pgfoundry. However, if you want to
compile by yourself, check if you have correct setup of LD_LIBRARY_PATH
to the related libc. I have never had problem with postgres compilation
on solaris 10 and opensolaris (nevada).

Zdenek