Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?
Date: 2006-09-15 21:29:42
Lists: pgsql-www

Josh Berkus wrote:
> Dave,
>
>> Why do we need a CMS? The only part needing some thought I can think of
>> would be a secure voting area.
>
> 1) Secure voting according to the procedure established for the FG;
> 2) An easy-to-edit content section (WYSWYG CMS or Wiki), including pages
> available only to authenticated users.
>
> (In addition to minutes and internal docments (which could be handled
> through PGfoundry), we need a CMS so that the team can put together things
> like fundraising campaigns and the like.)
>
> Thing is, we already have both of these things set up using Gavin Roy's
> code. So I'd see it as a big waste of time for the WWW team to hack them
> toghter just to save a domain.

Also, the WWW team doesn't have the resources to keep up with the likely
volume of content changes that will happen on this site from a week to
week and month to month basis.

Unlike www which is a fairly static site, the funds site will likely
change often.

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/