Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?
Date: 2006-09-15 21:02:10
Lists: pgsql-www

Dave,

> Why do we need a CMS? The only part needing some thought I can think of
> would be a secure voting area.

1) Secure voting according to the procedure established for the FG;
2) An easy-to-edit content section (WYSWYG CMS or Wiki), including pages
available only to authenticated users.

(In addition to minutes and internal docments (which could be handled
through PGfoundry), we need a CMS so that the team can put together things
like fundraising campaigns and the like.)

Thing is, we already have both of these things set up using Gavin Roy's
code. So I'd see it as a big waste of time for the WWW team to hack them
toghter just to save a domain.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus