Re: Portable Postgres?

From: Brian Ghidinelli <brian(at)pukkasoft(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Portable Postgres?
Date: 2006-09-14 00:22:55
Lists: sfpug

Josh Berkus wrote:
> It's been talked about but AFAIK nobody has done it.

Thanks Josh, that's what I feared. It seems like all of the command
line parameters should make it possible but the requirement for a
non-administrator user could complicate things (particularly on, say, a
internet cafe machine that has restricted permissions).

I'll try and poke around a bit. Alternatively, can you compile Postgres
from source without that restriction?

Brian