Re: scollable result sets

From: Matt Chambers <chambers(at)imageworks(dot)com>
To: "Koth, Christian (DWBI)" <Christian(dot)Koth(at)smiths-heimann(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: scollable result sets
Date: 2006-09-06 16:13:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I read someplace that the CVS version may support it. Unfortunately,
gborg seems to be down for the past day or so. Looking through the
code, I see things like:

while (x_rset.next()) {
x_rset.previous()
function_that_calls_next(x_rset)
}

Is there a better way to do this? With result pointers from other
languages, like perl, python, php, I know the size of the result so I
can choose the type of loop I want to use. Is there a better way to
loop through a result set and have a another function call next?

Matt