Re: Latest ODBC driver?

From: Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl(dot)pgsql-odbc(at)telemetry(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Latest ODBC driver?
Date: 2006-09-01 09:46:19
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Dave Page wrote:

> OK, now I've built an official release it'd be much more sensible to use
> that anyway. Please delete the 2 files and the registry entries that were
> added, install the new release, and begin testing against your existing 7.x
> server.

Got

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/versions/msi/psqlodbc-08_02_0100.zip

Unzipped, 2287104 Aug 31 09:31 psqlodbc.msi

Installed (as Administrator), Control Panel shows version as 8.02.0100.

Added DSN (as myself albeit with temporary admin privileges) for v7 server with
ANSI driver... get dialogue (no title) "The setup routines for the PostgreSQL
ANSI ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error 126." followed by
"Driver's ConfigDSN, ConfigDriver, or ConfigTranslator failed" "Could not load
the setup or translator library".

Get the same attemping to use the Unicode driver. Attempting as Administrator
gets the same behaviour.

Uninstall (from the command line) and replace with the 7.02.001 driver which I
am using on other machines. Test against suspect app and it works, memory usage
>1Mb.

ODBC DLLs version 3.50.33.8.

I'd just like to add that I very much appreciate your help and suggestions.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk