Re: First Draft of 8.2 Release

From: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: First Draft of 8.2 Release
Date: 2006-08-31 23:30:13
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Ron, all,

>> Thanks! I don't think that can go in the main release, though,
>> unless we're really hurting for content. But it can certainly go on
>> the Press Page.

Yeah it was too verbose. Here's similar in about half the words;
and no doubt could be trimmed further.

"PostgreSQL's extensible architecture enabled extensions ranging from
new procedural languages to replication and high availability tools
hosted on the official PostgreSQL project site www.pgfoundry.org."

> We need to find a way to promote some of these projects in the 8.2
> release. Although I think the above is a bit verbose, lets make sure we
> do include reference to pgfoundry.

I think the thoughts that should come across in the press release
are (a) postgresql's extensibility is better than others, and
(b) pgfoundry's the right place to find such extensions.