Re: jabber.postgresql.org is up

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: AgentM <agentm(at)themactionfaction(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: jabber.postgresql.org is up
Date: 2006-08-28 03:49:21
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

AgentM wrote:
> Sorry, but I don't get it. Why offer a closed forum for an open project?

Because jabber is a live medium, unlike email. I don't want people
pinging me, out of the blue. It is the whole reason I don't use any of
the public networks. The point is for the people who are actually part
of the project infrastructure to be able to communicate.

In the end it will likely be opened up more, but for now we are taking
baby steps.

SIncerely,

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/