XA Resources

From: Rich Rutkowski <innovapos(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: XA Resources
Date: 2006-08-23 16:51:49
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Have been using both the 8.1-405.jdbc3.jar driver (thick client) and
also the pg73jdbc3.jar(server side) driver. I have been receiving
messages from the Application Server, Sun's Platform Edition 8.1,
regarding non-XA resources. If we read your site correctly the
postgresql-8.2dev-503.jdbc3.jar driver has partial support for XA
resources. We are not interleaving transactions at this point so it
should work. However, we notice that there is the sequence "dev" in the
driver name. Is the "dev" driver a new code base as compared to the
-405 driver or an extension to add the XA capability? Our application
is mission critical and stability is very important.