table partitioning

From: Chris <dmagick(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: table partitioning
Date: 2006-08-23 02:51:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I'm checking out table partitioning and wondering how to handle it
dynamically.

For example, if I want to partition by year & month, do I need to create
all of the partitions (& rules) before hand or can I handle all of that
another way (a pl/pgsql function? something else?)

Any pointers would be most handy, thanks!

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/