buildfarm web extensions - help wanted

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: buildfarm web extensions - help wanted
Date: 2006-07-25 13:59:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I am looking for assistance in extending the buildfarm web app in two
directions that need expertise that I lack.

First, I want to build a search engine for the log files. I recently
started storing these in a table, one row per log file, rather than as a
single gzipped tar blob per run. This will cost some in storage (sorry,
Joshua - it should be compressed anyway) but it should make display
faster, and it also gives us the opportunity to build a search engine on
the text. I am looking for someone who is familiar with building
tsearch2-based web search engines, plus perl DBI and Template Toolkit to
help me build this.

Second, when we start getting pgbench results we will want them nicely
plotted, so I am looking for someone who is adept at using dynamic
graphing tools (GD? ) as well as (again) perl DBI and Template Toolkit)
to help with this piece.

If you have these skills and are willing to help, please email me.

thanks

andrew