Re: Fwd: Three weeks left until feature freeze

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>, postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date: 2006-07-13 23:46:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Were trying man :) I have people building for most major distributions
>> at this point. We should have FreeBSD soon, as well as MacOSX.
>
> How is this different (or better) than what is already in FreeBSD ports?

There is no functional difference. It is a business difference. It is
supported. It is also the idea that we will provide newer postgresql
releases for all the support platforms. Like how we provide RPMS even
for older version of Fedora.

Most people who run FreeBSD have no need for Mammoth, until possibly
they want to upgrade via ports to a new version of PostgreSQL but they
don't want to upgrade FreeBSD.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/