Re: Phantom groups

From: Chris <dmagick(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: carlosreimer(at)terra(dot)com(dot)br
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Phantom groups
Date: 2006-07-05 03:41:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Carlos H. Reimer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I´m planning to migrate from 7.4 to 8.0.7 and I discovered some strange
> behavior during migration.
>
> pg_dump inserted GRANT to phantom groups. They do not exist in pg_group;
>
> When the script created by pg_dump is processed by psql during restore,
> these GRANTs produce a lot of errors.

pg_dump won't include users and groups. pg_dumpall would include that
information but of course includes all databases.

If you use the --no-privileges option with pg_dump it won't include the
grant/revoke statements.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/app-pgdump.html

--
Postgresql & php tutorials