Re: psql: krb5_sendauth: Bad application version was sent

From: Eric Montague <ericmontag(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql: krb5_sendauth: Bad application version was sent
Date: 2006-06-07 04:48:36
Lists: pgsql-general

thanks for the response. you were right about setting the env variable.
that cleared up the 'bad appl version' error. subsequently, i got it to
the point where
the connection attempt just hung, and hitting <ctl>C at the psql prompt
caused a "stop batch process?" msg. I stopped at that point.

we are going to run PG on a linux machine, so running everything on
windows has become a mute point.

I was successful configuring PG on ubuntu linux to authenticate users on
windows using kerberos and Active Directory. Pavel's directions in the
user-commented PG docs were spot on.

if i get time, i might do some more work trying to get an all windows
kerberos
configuration working.

thanks again.