Re: Selects query stats?

From: Mischa Sandberg <mischa(at)ca(dot)sophos(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Selects query stats?
Date: 2006-05-23 18:32:28
Lists: pgsql-performance
Dan Gorman wrote:
> What I am looking for is that our DB is doing X selects a min.

What specifically would you like to measure?
Duration for specific queries?
Queries in an app for which you have no source?
There may be a way to get what you want by other means ...
Details?

I gather you cannot just time the app that's doing the selects,
nor extract those selects and run them via psql and time them
on their own?