Re: GUI Interface

From: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "A(dot)M(dot)" <agentm(at)themactionfaction(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GUI Interface
Date: 2006-05-18 19:22:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Dave Page wrote:
> [...]

It took me a while to find out how exactly to reproducte the hang (It
would happen to me about once a day when using pgadmin3 heavily on
gnome/metacity, but when trying to reproduce it, I couldn't).

You have to select some text, and then _doubleclick_ on the selected
part. When I do this, the cursor is changes to some strange shape (
Kind of a upper-left corner with a "+"-sign inside). Ever click is
ignored, but the keyboard remains working (I can edit text in the
sql-editor). When I press Alt-f in this state, the File-Menu opens,
the cursor resumes it's normal shape, and clicks are handled again.

If, however, the sql-editor looses focus while in the "funny mode", then
I know of now way to get X working again apart from changing to a
console, and killling pgadmin3.

> Can either you or Florian try a source build please? Florian should know
> how by now :-p, but if needed, you can find some instructions at
> http://www.pgadmin.org/download/source.php.
I'm currently build wx, will report if a custom-built pgadmin3 shows the
same behaviour.

greetings, Florian