Output parameters

From: Bart Samwel <bart(at)samwel(dot)tk>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Output parameters
Date: 2006-05-17 08:46:07
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi there,

I've got a situation with the experimental enhanced branch driver
(version 7.03.02.66), PostgreSQL 8.1 backend. I'm executing a query such as:

SELECT myproc(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

where a number of the parameters are output parameters. I've bound
buffers to the output parameters, but when I read the values, they
contain garbage (uninitialized data, to be precise -- 0xcdcdcdcd). The
first result row then contains the output parameter values. I'd expect
the result row, as this is how PostgreSQL implements output parameters,
but does anybody have any clue why the bound buffers for the output
parameters aren't filled?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,
Bart