Re: GUI Interface

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>
Cc: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>, Kenneth Downs <ken(at)secdat(dot)com>, pgsql general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GUI Interface
Date: 2006-05-12 16:06:57
Lists: pgsql-general

> In this case, I'd be willing to bet that there are easily as many linux
> desktops accessing PostgreSQL servers as there are Windows desktops, and
> that the Mac comes in a distant third to either of them.

[snip]

I agree with everything you had to say Scott, but just FYI I think the
Mac, distant third argument is not as distant as you think.

I am regularly dealing with customers, and specifically developers that
are running Linux+PostgreSQL on the server... but their desktop of
choice is MacOSX.

I found it interesting because I don't particularly like MacOSX. It
seems entirely too Charlie and the Chocolate factory for me.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/