Need a help - Performance issues

From: Dhanaraj M <Dhanaraj(dot)M(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need a help - Performance issues
Date: 2006-05-09 12:04:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I am currently looking at some performance issues. Our product uses the postgres as the backend
and it uses a huge storage space.

Is there a script available, which does the following:

1. When you point it to a postgres installation, -> 1.the script first
identifies what platform (solaris-sparc/solaris x86/ Niagara) it is
running on,
2. walks through all known tuning parameters (in /etc/system and
postgresql.conf) on the system
3. lists out what parameters are optimal/suboptimal for that
platform, and makes recommendations.
4. identifies when the last vaccumdb /fullvacuum (and other such
database health maintenance commands) were run
5. comments about the growth of certain tables/databases

If any body has the scripts or can give some links which could be useful for our group.

Thanks
Dhanaraj