Re: PostgreSQL committer history?

From: Michael Dean <mdean(at)sourceview(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL committer history?
Date: 2006-04-24 17:38:12
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Dirk Riehle wrote:
>
>> Thanks! What's out there in terms of economics research has largely
>> been compiled here:
>>
>> http://opensource.mit.edu
>>
>> Maybe not coincidentely, that site is maintained by the
>> aforementioned Karim Lakhani.
>>

> Can anyone point to the PostgreSQL-releted papers on that web site?

I believe this site is important for another reason. I seem to recall
at least one master's thesis analyzed all sourceforge projects and
concluded on the basis of empirical data that BSD/Apache/MIT licenses
(re:least restrictive licenses) produce more successful projects faster
than the GPL, which kind of acts as a contrapuntal serenade to recent
Linux Journal meanderings.

Michael L. Dean