Re: weird problem with pgadmin & postgres on debian

From: "Alessandro (at) GMail" <neurotrotter(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: weird problem with pgadmin & postgres on debian
Date: 2006-03-18 17:25:32
Lists: pgadmin-support
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
mmm i think you're right and it's not the same installation as i have
not defined the PGDATA environment variable yet, so i don't know what
he started at boot time...(i run the db with the -D option right now)<br>
another thing i forgot to say is that the first time i put the data
folder in my user home(/home/alex/.postgres/data) instead of
/usr/local/pgsql/data/ ...but user postgres should be a SU so it
shouldn't make any difference, or am i wrong? <br>
then i changed the folder to /usr/local/pgsql/data/ but pgadmin refused
still to connect. Only after i slaughtered /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.1 i
was able to connect with pgadmin...<br>
thx<br>
Alessandro<br>
Dave Page wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Are you sure you're starting the same installation/cluster? Manually/init shouldn't make any difference if so.

Regards, Dave