Re: install problems

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
To: crdandridge1(at)comcast(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: install problems
Date: 2006-03-01 16:57:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

crdandridge1(at)comcast(dot)net wrote:
> adduser postgres comes back with error "command not found" how can i fix this?
> do i need to download something else with this source package?
> i installed 8.1.3, i guess from source on ftp, and i'm running linux 10.0
> thanks

As there is no such thing as "linux 10.0" I'll take a guess that you are
running version 10.0 of the Suse distribution. If you compiled from
source using the default configuration, try looking for the binaries in
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/. This won't be in the path so you will have to do
one of the following:

1. Invoke the programs with the full path (/usr/local/pgsql/bin/...)

2. Set your path to include /usr/local/pgsql/bin

3. Create some symbolic links from the programs to some directory in the
path, ie.
cd /usr/local/pgsql/bin/
for x in * ; do ln -s `pwd`/$x /usr/local/bin/$x ; done

Cheers,
Steve