Re: Scratching my head why results are different between machines.

From: Michael Gould <mgould(at)intermodalsoftwaresolutions(dot)net>
To: Justin Graf <justin(at)magwerks(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Scratching my head why results are different between machines.
Date: 2010-03-03 22:16:46
Lists: pgsql-general

One thing I've noticed is that on my machines, when I install the odbc
driver I get no error messages but when I look in the ODBC administrator I
do not see any entry for PostGres in the drivers list.

I do know that it somehow is working because the DMC conversion tool only
uses ODBC and builds it's data structures based on what it gets back from
querying the database.

Programs like WinSQL also work and I believe it uses ODBC.

In the past I believe I remember seeing the Postgres driver listed in the
ODBC admin tool under the drivers tab.

I'm running on a Windows 7 64 bit machine and I'm logged into our domain as
the domain administrator. Is there something else I need to do to install
the odbc driver under windows? I've even turned UAC off and it didn't seem
to help

Best Regards

--
Michael Gould, Managing Partner