Can't connect to the db

From: Judith <jaltamirano(at)correolux(dot)com(dot)mx>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can't connect to the db
Date: 2006-02-24 22:17:14
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello every one I was using my db with an application in perl, but
something occurs with the application and the pc got frozen and I had
to restart my PC, when it boot again I coudn't restart the psql service
when I do the psql mydb it shows me the next error, the error is in
spanish but it says something like:

psql: can't connect to the server: there is no file or directory

is the server running local and accepting conecctions in the Unix
domain socket «/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432»

do I have to reinstall again the postgres or can I do something else?