Re: implement prepared queries in plperl

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: dmitry(at)karasik(dot)eu(dot)org, "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: implement prepared queries in plperl
Date: 2006-02-19 16:38:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Dmitry Karasik wrote:

[patch snipped]

I have cleaned this patch somewhat by removing some bitrot that occurred
since it was submitted, and adjusting formatting to something more
closely resembling postgresql style (please remember to follow our style
in future).

The attached works on HEAD and passes the supplied regression tests.

But why do we have to call spi_freeplan? pltcl, which has prepared
queries, doesn't require this AFAICS. If memory leaks are an issue,
maybe we should bless the object into a class with a DESTROY method that
calls spi_freeplan automatically (not sure to do that in XS but I assume
it's possible).

cheers

andrew

Attachment Content-Type Size