Re: Oracle buying Sleepycat, JBoss, and

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Oracle buying Sleepycat, JBoss, and
Date: 2006-02-15 17:21:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> Those factors definitely *don't* suck if you are the owner of the
> code.

Keep in mind that the GPL has enabled mySQL to make 20-30 million
bucks in the last year.

And although we may think that MySQL sucks and we do have lots
of converts. I know many, many businesses that are perfectly happy
with it.

Nobody in the PostgreSQL community is even close to make 20-30 million
bucks ON PostgreSQL.

Joshua D. Drake

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/