Re: Why does an ON SELECT rule have to be named "_RETURN"?

From: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: ken(at)sunward(dot)org
Cc: 'PostgreSQL pg-general List' <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why does an ON SELECT rule have to be named "_RETURN"?
Date: 2006-02-13 17:19:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Ken Winter wrote:

>Stephan ~
>
>You're right: This thing I call a "view-table" would behave *exactly* like a
>view that has insert, update, and delete rules.
>
>The *only* difference I'm trying to achieve is to get it stored in
>pg_catalog.pg_class with relkind = 'r' ("ordinary table") rather than 'v'
>("view").

Ken,
In PGLA you can use the quick view data option on a view, and if the
view is updatable the grid should work as well as the form view.
The Quick View Data option does not really know if it is a table or a
view.

I just tried it and without the insert,update and delete rules it raises
a error with a hint that you should add the rules.

Why don't you try that? I can add a data tab to the view editor if
that works for you.

Thanks,

Tony