Re: verifying database integrity - fsck for pg?

From: Rich Doughty <rich(at)opusvl(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Guido Neitzer <guido(dot)neitzer(at)pharmaline(dot)de>
Subject: Re: verifying database integrity - fsck for pg?
Date: 2006-01-31 16:38:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Guido Neitzer wrote:
> Perhaps you have to do some tricks to tell the script which tables or
> columns should be equal and which are allowed to differ, but as far as
> I can see, it shouldn't be that hard. At all, it took me about a day to
> verify the db contents.

I'm not too fussed about a row-by-row comparison between the source and the
copy. It's rather a case of a tool to check the datafiles' integrity (such
as fsck, myisamchk, svnadmin verify etc).

If the fact that pg_dumpall returned successfully, then i would hope that
all the data is present and correct.

- Rich Doughty