Composite type evaluates to Null if any element is null

From: Ketema Harris <ketema(at)ketema(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Composite type evaluates to Null if any element is null
Date: 2008-12-17 16:09:46
Lists: pgsql-general

I have just re-read chapter 8.15 of the 8.3 manual and I am
understanding why a composite type would evaluate to NUll if any of it
elements are null.

Can anyone explain this behavior? To me if I have a composite type
column and there are some values in it, its incomplete, yes, but not
null.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ketema J. Harris
www.ketema.net