Re: Execution of stored procedures

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: "Sundaramoorthy, Annapoorani (Cognizant)" <Annapoorani(dot)Sundaramoorthy(at)cognizant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Sathyan, Sathish (Cognizant)" <Sathish(dot)Sathyan(at)cognizant(dot)com>, "Murugavel, Arun (Cognizant)" <Arun(dot)Murugavel(at)cognizant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Execution of stored procedures
Date: 2006-01-19 16:00:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-general

Sundaramoorthy, Annapoorani (Cognizant) wrote:

> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
> Error while executing the query; ERROR: SELECT query has no destination
> for result data
>
> HINT: If you want to discard the results, use PERFORM instead.
>
> This error is associated with the execution of stored procedure.
>
> Select <functuion_name()>;
>
> Is the way in which I am trying to execute the procedure in pgadmin and
> also this is the way in which I am using it in the asp file.

If it gives you the same error from pgadmin then it's clearly not an
ODBC error. The error message suggests to me that the problem is in the
function itself where you may be executing a SELECT without putting its
results into a variable.

You would probably get more answers on the plpgsql-general list. This
mailing list is for bugs in the PostgreSQL server itself. See you there!

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd