Re: Updates via ODBC commands

From: lothar(dot)behrens(at)lollisoft(dot)de
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Updates via ODBC commands
Date: 2006-01-14 07:41:18
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Am 13 Jan 2006 um 23:52 hat Ludek Finstrle geschrieben:

> Yes. There is well known issue with dropping updateable cursor support.
> I'm sorry if you need updateable cursor you have to stay in using 07.03
> version (or maybe 08.00 - I don't know it exactly). I'm sure that there
> is no updateable cursor support in 08.01 version.

Hi,

I have found the same problem - or even missing feature in the new driver.
But why the developers of the driver are dropping working features ?

This is the case why I must ship a driver version with my sample application
to show it's complete features. Its a bad idea to tell the user to use an old version,
because my application only works with that.

I just have done a look at the website and did not see any comments about that.
If this is really missing, all users relying on updateable cursors, are irritated.

I think this is an important information for users. More, I may be informed about, that
the old driver is in a frozen state - so there are no more bugfixes for it - no more
support for that version ?

Also I identified little problems - or differences in using 8.x version with the cursor
library. I must retry that to report it.

Regards, Lothar

--
Lothar Behrens | Rapid Prototyping ...
Rosmarinstr 3 |