Re: PG process architecture

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Milen Kulev <makulev(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG process architecture
Date: 2006-01-11 16:02:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Milen Kulev wrote:

>Hi Harris,
>from oracle DBA point of view Enterprise DB is VERY cool. My boss will be
>very happy to hear that there a way to get (paid) support for a PG DB.

There several highly qualified support vendors for PostgreSQL:

SRA America
Pervasive
and ourselves, the only dedicated PostgreSQL support vendor; Command Prompt.

>But at the end I want to undestand how PG (and its clone Enterprise DB )
>is working ;) .

EnterpriseDB is not a clone, it is a fork. That said, it is very cool
that they
have created an Oracle look-a-like for much less but if you want PostgreSQL
that isn't EnterpriseDB.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/