Re: new beginner to postgresql. Looking at it for a church

From: Tony Caduto <tony(dot)caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: pamela(at)bizwaves(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: new beginner to postgresql. Looking at it for a church
Date: 2006-01-01 04:21:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Pamela wrote:
> Hello:
>

> I was wondering if anyone has setup a point-of-sale system with
> postgresql. Also, I will have to create a database for a church that
> requires lots of tables and subcategories. They have 4 different
> locations and wish to be interconnected amongst each other,

Postgresql can handle such a task, and should make things a little
easier for you if you use schemas to organize your tables etc.

You also have the option to use replication and dblink to do cross
database queries etc.

Don't know about the point of sale question though.

(You mentioned you where new to Postgres)

If you are a windows user be sure to check out PG Lightning Admin, it's
much easier to use than PG Admin III (my opinion, no flames please) and
it priced very inexpensively.

AM Software Design
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com