Validating User

To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Validating User
Date: 2005-12-29 07:10:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Please as a superuser how would I obtain an equivalent of this query:

SELECT * FROM pg_shadow WHERE usename='userid' AND md5(passwd)='passwd'

I browse the content of the pg_shadow and the passwd field shows
something like md5...

All I am after is to validate a user against pg_shadow table in version
8.0.4.

Cheers.

Olu